Work with young experts and interaction with educational institutions
To implement the program for innovation development and the policy for young experts, Zarubezhneft JSC actively interacts with Russia’s leading higher education institutions in terms of recruiting and selecting high-potential students, facilitating students’ movement into production practice and organizing employee retraining and advanced training. The Company has concluded agreements on cooperation, in addition to organizing scientific and technical interaction, with each higher education institution partner, which enables the operative solution of training issues for the Zarubezhneft Group of Companies’ employees and young experts. This cooperation is implemented across various fields of activities: training, scientific and technical, and social and cultural.
Graduates of the following universities are top requested:
- Gubkin Oil and Gas Russian State University (Fields: oil and gas engineering, oil and gas field development and operation, oil and gas production physical processes, geology, economics and management at oil and gas sector enterprises);
- Lomonosov Moscow State University (Field: economics, Vietnamese and English translators);
- MGIMO University (Field: international economic relations);
- Tomsk Polytechnic University (Field: development and operation of oil and gas fields, studying at Heriot-Watt);
- Ukhta State Technical University (Field: development and exploitation of oil and gas fields);
- Samara State Technical University (Fields: development and operation of oil and gas fields, machinery and equipment of oil and gas production fields, economics and company management);
- Lomonosov Moscow State University (Fields: geology, jurisprudence, economics, mathematics, physics);
- Moscow Technological University (MIREA) (Field: chemistry);
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (Field: mathematics, physics).
The Group of Companies regularly carries out work on attracting students from leading universities for practical training and internship. In 2018 in 2018, the number of students admitted for internship at the Corporate Center and its subsidiaries was 195 people.
In 2015, the Group of Companies launched a program on attracting students for salaried placement. The principles and conditions for the admission of students for salaried placement within the Company were developed and approved; a plan for the admission of students for salaried placement was drawn up and is approved annually. In 2018, the number of students who passed through salaried placement at the Corporate Center and its subsidiaries was 45 people.
Program for cooperation with higher educational institutions
Zarubezhneft JSC actively cooperates with leading technical universities of the Russian Federation, such as the Gubkin Oil and Gas Russian State University, Ufa State Petroleum Technological University, Tomsk Polytechnic University, Bauman Moscow State Technical University and others. Personnel training programs for the fuel and energy complex are realized on an ongoing basis:
- at the Gubkin Oil and Gas Russian State University in Moscow, young Serbian engineering specialists from among the children of employees of the Group of Companies enterprises in Bosnia and Herzegovina are trained by the Company;
- more than 30 children of Russian specialists working at JV Vietsovpetro undergo targeted training at specialized universities of the Russian Federation
Every year, employees of Zarubezhneft Group of Companies improve their skills at higher education institutions under various training programs in the area of oil and gas production, economics and management, development of oil and gas fields, well operations, financial management, budgeting and controlling at oil and gas enterprises, technological processes of oil and gas production and processing, and many others.
Young experts council
The priority field of the Company’s activities is working with the young experts of the Group of Companies, which provides for the identification and professional growth of young prospective employees.
The Young Experts Council – a collegial social and professional association of the Company’s active youth, continued its work in 2018. The Council was established in 2013 as one of the tools for implementing the Company’s Youth Policy.
The Young Experts Council is integrated into the Company’s HR Policy in the area of work with youth and performs the following main functions:
- Assistance in the adaptation and engagement of young experts in production and community activities;
- Formation of a pro-active attitude and loyalty to the Company;
- Rallying the youth and fostering efficient communication between the “generations” of employees;
- Making young employees feel involved in the general business of the Company, engaging the youth in teamwork;
- Engaging the youth in innovative scientific and research project activities;
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle;
- Assistance in arranging conditions for increasing the creative initiative of youth.
In addition to Zarubezhneft JSC, Young Professionals Boards operate in seven companies: LLC “JC “RUSVIETPETRO”, ZARUBEZHNEFT-Dobycha Kharyaga LLC, VNIIneft JSC, Giprovostokneft JSC, RMNTK Nefteotdacha JSC, Modriča Motor Oil A.D., OPTIMA Grupa d.o.o. The total number of members of Young Experts Councils is 113 people.
The General Director approves the Council Work Plan on an annual basis. All events are grouped into six categories:
- Corporate communications and organizational improvements;
- Scientific and technical development of young experts;
- Intellectual activities;
- Corporate sports development;
- Voluntary movement;
- Work with young experts;
In 2018, members of the Council held many events, including the traditional ones that are held every year and have become the Board’s hallmark and the new ones.
As part of “Corporate Communications and Organizational Improvements” field, members of the Board took part in brainstorming, business case decisions, preparing the materials for the Youth technological forecasting of the Fuel & Energy Complex and meetings of the Youth Board under the Russian Ministry of Energy.
The Scientific and Technical Field is primarily presented by the Competition of young specialists’ scientific and technological work, which is described in detail in the “Innovation Activity” block.
Last year became a year of explosive growth for the intellectual events of the Company:
- Six tournaments were held on the game “What? Where? When?" at the in-house level;
- Three tournaments on "Brain Ring” game were organized;
- The “Jeopardy” tournament was held;
- The Zarubezhneft Team began to play in the top corporate league of Moscow in the game "60 seconds";
- The corporate team hit the podium in the intellectual game among the youth of the oil and gas industry.
In 2018, corporate sport reached a new level. Every employee of the Company received the opportunity to attend volleyball and football training on a regular basis. The training process under professional trainers could not go unnoticed, and the results were not long in coming. A cross-functional team of young professionals of the Zarubezhneft Group of Companies showed excellent results in the Spartakiad among the enterprises of the Oil Refining and Sales segment in the Republic of Srpska (Bosnia and Herzegovina), taking the first place in women's volleyball and second place in football.
In the reporting year, billiard, beach volleyball and curling tournaments were held, which became a good tradition in the Company. The young people also came forward with an initiative to collectively pass the GTO standards and participate in the extreme race “Race of Heroes”.
Athletes defended the Company’s honor at the track-and-field events organized by the Ministry of Energy of Russia.
The most striking sporting event in 2018 was the corporate mini-football tournament dedicated to the anniversary of LLC “JC “RUSVIETPETRO”, which was held on July 21 at the Cherenkov Academy of FC Spartak Moscow.
In the reporting year, the volunteer movement continued its development as part of the work of the Young Experts Council. During 2018, as part of the youth initiative, charity events were held with the involvement of the entire Company’s staff.
In March, a charity event was organized at the Odoyevsky Nursing Home (Tver Region).
In May, the Young Professionals Board joined employees of the subsidiaries of VNIIneft JSC and LLC “JC “RUSVIETPETRO” to congratulate veterans on Victory Day.
In July, the Company’s youth carried out an Environmental Campaign, as part of which the work was carried out on restoration of a playground in the history-themed natural park of Bitsevskiy Forest Park.
In the reporting year, the Young Experts Council completed good deeds with campaigns dedicated to the New Year, visiting children at a care home in the city of Gagarin in the Smolensk Region and residents of a nursing home in Zherekhovo Village in the Tver Region.