The Company maintains preparedness for accidents and emergencies through an integrated approach by:
- Testing and maintaining safety facilities and training people in charge of civil defense and emergencies training centers;
- Timely development and approval from the state supervisory authorities of response plans for oil (OSR) and oil-products spills at the fields;
- Training and certifying emergency accident rescue teams in the fields;
- Concluding agreements to hold drills twice a year with specialized professional units that provide gas rescue and well blowout safety services;
- Training personnel on how to act in case of emergencies.
Constant planned interaction with contractor entities carrying out their activities at production facilities of Zarubezhneft JSC as per the laws of the Russian Federation and approved internal requirements of the Company is an integral part of Zarubezhneft JSC personnel operations as part of the occupational health and industrial safety management system.
The Company pays special attention to enhancing its production culture, leadership and engagement of managers, increasing the internal interaction level in the area of HSE, which it promotes through practical integration of the following targeted programs at production facilities:
- “12 Life Saving Rules”;
- “Leadership in Area of HSE”;
- “HSE Risks Management”;
- 5S system as part of the Zarubezhneft JSC Production system.
Training sessions have been held and in-house trainer groups for 5S have been established both at the Corporate Center and at the subsidiaries (142 persons) as part of the development of the 5S System within the Zarubezhneft JSC Group of Companies.
As at year-end 2018, the investment costs for the provision of safe labor conditions within the Zarubezhneft Group of Companies amounted to RUB 509,771.043 thousand compared to the costs of 2017 – RUB 457,988.510 thousand.
The increase in costs is due to the provision of additional preventive measures against incidents, potentially hazardous accidents and production injuries. Apart from this, additional briefings and trainings with back-feed were held stemming from the investigations of the accidents and emergencies of all categories.